Thursday, June 5, 2014

Feet On The Ground Again



I'm back....

This is both a happy and a sad thing, as I didn't realize how much I was going to miss England until I had to fly away from it. (Nor how much I'd missed Minnesota until I returned to it....)

My original intention was to take you with me: get off the plane in Manchester and stay connected by updating my posts often, blogging at least daily, and otherwise filling you in on every moment as it was happening. But seriously, my mind was boggled! And wi-fi opportunities were spotty at best. Things just didn't work out the way I'd hoped.

And it was a good thing they hadn't. I see that now. Because right from Square One I realized how monumental this trip was for me and how lifechanging it would be, and I began to tuck it in my heart and protect it.

It all felt so singular and holy, for one thing; like it was meant for my eyes only. How was I going to share that, I wondered?, and not make it sound like just any other Trip To England....

Since my return, I've hit the ground running and have been kept way too busy to really process my experience. I immediately got sick, of course. (I knew this would happen, but thankfully the whole fibro flare nonsense stayed at bay until I at least touched down again here at home.) As a result, I have yet to unpack, flesh out my notes, or even look at my photo cards.

But I'm hoping now that being back at my computer keyboard once more will help. Writing is a comfort. And I'm desperate to wrap my head around this trip and nail down what is already beginning to feel like a dream....
...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your "plan to stay connected" didn't come to pass! I'm glad you got out and DID and SAW and FELT and stayed disconnected from electronics so that the magick could fill you. The wonder and delight was obvious in your face, from the photos/video that Maureen posted. That's exclusively yours forever, no matter how much you eventually share. dc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. Everyone immediately wants to know how my trip was and the question just stymies me. Where to start?? And all I can do is pause and say, "...holy." Still no words to describe it....

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your trip, Delayne! My first thought when I read that you were going, was, take me too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know the feeling. Every time I overheard a friend (or stranger!) say they were bound for the UK, that was my first thought, too. Do it, Laurel. Take Ken with you. He'll love it!

      Delete