Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Most Magical Day

Fairyberries!
Overhearing the mutter and murmur of wren nestlings as I pass the backyard birdhouse that my dad made for me.

Discovering the first fairyberries of the season (and on the Summer Solstice, too!).

Walking up and down the aisles of a local hardware store while outside a thunderstorm rages....

Admiring galvanized wingnuts, copper washers, and lengths of ball chain and imagining how they could all go together to make a dang fun necklace.

Enjoying a phone call from the Grandbug telling me how she'd 'dog paddow'd' at her first-ever 'thwimming lethen.'

Leaning down to pick lettuce leaves from the garden at dusk and spying a most exquisite dragonfly resting there....

Grabbing just any old book from the shelf before making a lap for the cat, and then discovering that it could only have been hand-picked for me by the Universe Itself.*

Sleep full of dreams, dreams that I can still recall and am comforted by.
...

*The Pull of the Moon by Elizabeth Berg. Read it. Read it, read it, read it.

2 comments:

  1. I do love it when days appear to sparkle and shimmer all around me. They don't happen often enough, so it's wonderful to read about yours.

    I'm looking forward to checking out "The Pull of the Moon." Sounds delish! Love ya, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris! I hope the book resonates with you like it did for me. I'm planning on keeping its little tattered paperback self forever as a reminder of the connection we have now. :)

    May every day sparkle and shimmer for you, my friend! Love you tons. ~me.

    ReplyDelete