Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Coffeehouse Update

They're framed. And they're UP.

A mini collection of my '50 Shades of Fae' is currently displayed at Avant Garden, and I think it all looks wonderful. I couldn't be prouder!

I wasn't sure what to expect, exactly. This being my first time hanging my work in a coffeehouse, I was under the impression that I took my work there and hung it up my own self so no one would have to take time out of their day (or their busy schedule) to do it for me. But that's not how it's done, apparently. I was asked to leave it and trust that all would be done to my expectations.

When I got the heads-up that my work was in place and on display, James and I walked in to the Village to see it. Don't laugh, but I was a bit apprehensive. Originally my plan was to look at the floor all the way to the coffee counter where I'd order a beverage and peek obliquely around until I got my bearings. Perhaps this sounds silly, but just being in the same room with my work feels LOUD somehow, like I'm screaming for attention. (Yes, I want it to be noticed, but I don't want to be noticed. Does that make sense?....)

I needn't have worried.... I left my art in very good hands. And I made a video for my Grandbugs about the event in case you're interested. (It's not long, I promise!)

As I sat at the table beneath my work that morning, I couldn't help imagining those little faces watching happy customers, occasionally making eye contact with them, perhaps even generating a smile or two. I hope so! And I hope they continue to do so through this holiday season.


I'm LUCKY to have my work on the wall of such a cool place! Thank you, Avant Garden, for this opportunity.
...

P.S. If you get a chance to and you're in the area, please stop at Avant Garden! You can find directions and info HERE. I recommend the hot spiced chai. Or the house blend, if you just want a simple coffee. Say 'hi' to the wonderful people there and take a moment to look at my work, OK? I hope it makes you smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment