Monday, January 7, 2019

Odd Narwhal is my Spirit Animal


Someone had just one job. And unless this is a special licensed cartoon character that I'm unfamiliar with, they failed.

But Odd Narwhal doesn't care!

This toy and I ran across each other recently while I was looking for deals in a calendar store at the mall that is busy selling off its stock before pulling up stakes and moving on.

Is this a character from a cartoon? Was it simply assembled haphazardly in the factory? Is it unaware of its freakydeaky-ness? Is it cheery BECAUSE of it? I wonder....

And I love that there are little heart sparkles in its eyes, as if it couldn't be more pleased with itself, and its oddness, and Life, and its discounted price tag, and the fact that it's still on the shelf after the Holidays....

I've decided it will be the metaphor for my New Year. And I've decided that I may just have to return to the calendar store and rescue it (should it still need rescuing).

Smile on, Odd Narwhal! I applaud you! And I dub thee my spirit animal for 2019.

And in the New Year may we all proudly display and celebrate our individuality, our unique qualities, our put-together-wrong-ness with big smiles and heart sparkles.
...



No comments:

Post a Comment