Saturday, January 5, 2019

Yesterday's Commute

 My walk to 'work' yesterday was filled with magick....


I witnessed a little mob of starlings in a treetop and enjoyed their crazy, freeform mutterings.


I did not slip on any ice! (Hooray!)

Everyone I passed ignored me completely, even after I said 'hello' (what's up with that??), except for a wizened man (who looked like he was a hundred years old) who stopped me with his toothless smile, pointed at ducks on the river, said, "Aren't they BEAUTIFUL?", grinned and wished me a happy new year, and then shuffled on. (He was a gnome, I'm sure of it.)


There was a man and his dog in the snow, playing with a frisbee, and the dog was having the time of its life.


Leaves, leaves, leaves.


And clouds!

And the sounds of dripping, melting icicles.

And shadows....


And a studio that hasn't seen me for a bit.


And some FaceTime with this faraway grandbug. 

Due to a sudden poor connection partway through our computer visit, my face was frozen on her screen, and it remained so until the end of our conversation. 

As we said our goodbyes I was hesitant to throw her a kiss (as is our custom) because I wasn't sure she'd know when to catch it. And when I told her this, she just laughed and said,

"Oh, Yaya! I will catch anything you throw at me!" 

See? MAGICK.
...



No comments:

Post a Comment