Thursday, January 5, 2012

WHOA!

Something's happening.

Something weird and magical.

It's a good kind of weird and a Magickal kind of magical. And I'm not sure where it's going, but it wants to go there FAST.

Poor Clueless Me has it by the foot, trying to slow it down or something... keep it grounded. Because it's frightening.

But the thing has wings. STRONG ones. Strong-and-getting-stronger ones. Soon I'll either have to let go and watch it vanish forever, or hang on and let it pull me into the scary Unknown.

I don't do Scary well. And I steer clear of the Unknown. I do things ssslllooowwwwwww. I do my research, I weigh my options. I'm not big on surprises. I want to know what's coming, what to expect. I hide. In every way. And I hide well.

But this Something doesn't care. I think it created itself just to drag me screaming out of my comfort zone. And the dang thing doesn't look like something I can reason with. It's bigger than me. It has a no-nonsense expression. And scales.

And it wants to leave NOW. Right this very minute what am I doing sitting at the keyboard no time for typing we must be on our WAY!

I wish there was time enough to change out of my jammies and put on some Superhero duds. Because this feels Life Changing. And not just for me.

(*Cringe*) SO not sure about this! What if I let go? Fail? Heck -- what if I FALL?? Fall on my face!?

Wait, waitwaitwait! I've got stuff on my plate! I've got a routine! I take MEDS. I'm OLD, I take naps now, I hurt when I get up in the morning. (And dang it! I hate that it's just looked over its shoulder at me and given me the laser stare -- apparently it thinks what I've just written here is a crock.)

From my experience (this soul has read a lot of fairytales), when Magick says It knows what It's doing, we mere mortals find out the hard way that It's RIGHT.

SO.

(*Gulp!* Grabbing my robe at the neck and holding on TIGHT)

Here we go, I guess!
...

1 comment: