Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mary!

I'm reclaiming space today, clearing out cupboards and organizing drawers and doing stuff that is about as far away from drawing as I can imagine. And not on purpose either. (Seriously, I don't know what's wrong with me; must be the weather....)

But then I took a moment this afternoon for coffee and computering and discovered that today is uber-whimsical artist Mary Engelbreit's birthday. After that there was no going back to tackling the junk drawer. Nope. It suddenly became all about the pencils....

And little blonde girls with Peter Pan collars and bows in their hair....

And checkerboards and cherries, of course.

And bowlies. :)

(And fried-egg flowers, too; how could I forget to include a fried-egg flower??)

Because suddenly it seemed really important to draw a little something as a way of saying, "Thank you for sharing your delightful imagination with us, and for being such an inspiration."

Happy birthday, Mary Engelbreit! This bowlie's for YOU.

:)
...