It’s a New Year. And can you believe it’s really 2016? 2016….! Wow….
I’m looking at it in my head -- the years spiraling backwards into the last century -- and it is a bit overwhelming. I love period dramas and books about the Victorian/Edwardian eras, and they make me wonder how it must’ve felt for someone then to see the end of one century and the beginning of another. And yet here I am – here we are – doing just that, and it doesn’t feel weird at all. Just feels like life plodding on….
Due to all sorts of computer-y mayhem in the OLD year, I’ve not written a single Thot since I-Don’t-Know-When-Exactly, but I feel like getting back to them now. And I’ve forgotten the format of these messages (I’m sure I could find it if I wasn’t so lazy), so I’ll wing it until things feel comfortable, OK? But I do know that we start with this:
FIVE THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT (from The HappyBook by Barbara Ann Kipfer):
(Me here: I will pick up where I think we left off….)
- Bowls of vegetables being passed.
- "Closed" signs.
- A Sunday feast of pot roast or plump roasted chicken.
- A tin lizzie.
- Learning the harmonica.
My FIVE THINGS TO BE HAPPY ABOUT:
- Love, laughter, and lutefisk with family at Christmastime.
- Ringing in the New Year with champagne, cookies, and reruns of Downton Abbey.
- Saying goodbye to all the holiday cocooning. (It was fun while it lasted, though.)
- A breakfast that doesn't consist of peanut brittle and homemade butterbeer fudge....
- Hope for this New Year.
Short and sweet! Best not to be too wordy so you get sick of me right from the get-go.
Enjoy your Monday, my friend.
P.S. Please visit www.thingstobehappyabout.com to learn more about Ms. Kipfer and her wonder-filled book.