Friday, January 11, 2013

A Mantra for the New Year

I went on an Adventure recently. I'm not one for Adventures. I'm a stay-at-home-body. I like to not be far from my books and my pencils, my pets and my slippers, my coffee....

But Adventure I did, and afterwards I found myself walking along in foreign territory, hyper-aware, paying attention....

And during this time I discovered some things in my path, one of which was a Snapple cap. (I'm like a magpie sometimes; you should see some of the stuff that comes out of my trouser pockets on laundry day....) And inside the cap was this 'fun fact': "Some dinosaurs were as small as chickens."

I love this message. I instantly took it personally. To me it was saying:

"Small can still be fierce."

"You are a force to be reckoned with."

"Never underestimate the power of little things."

 "You are not as insignificant as you think you are."

Since then I've adopted it as my mantra for the year.

What is your mantra for 2013? 
...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment