Friday, January 10, 2014

Thoughts of You

Finally. A day of clouds....

The wind outside flutters the evergreen spray on my front door. It sounds like spidery fingers, scrabbling at the window, trying to get in. The ghost of Christmas Future. It knows that shadows of the holiday still exist in here....


In the front room I can hear Miss Lily picking in her food dish for the 'good' bits while Lovey feathers her nest and Thurston preens. He mutters to himself and Lovey scolds him gently. An old married couple.... 

Already Boo's upstairs, curled on her pillow in the bedroom shadows. A princess surrounded by her tower of books.... 

The house is dark. Shadowed. The furnace churns, the refrigerator hums.... I put the kettle on the stove and prepare my cup, then nibble Christmas cookies while the water heats.....
 
Soon it's ready. I carry my coffee out to the desk, inhaling its steam, sampling it in tentative little sips, burning my tongue. Because I'm lost in thought. Thinking of you and how to begin my letter.

And before long, I'm away in my head, visiting with you again in the glow of the computer monitor. :)

Because of you I do this. And because of this I love you. Don't say anything to my art, 'k?, but sometimes writing is even better than drawing. 
...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment