Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Happydance Time!

Shake your booty!
Friday -- my absolute favorite day of all! There could be a DOZEN Fridays in my week and there wouldn't be enough....

And Friday at 5 p.m. is so close to perfect that it gives me chills to think about. It's as though an unlimited weekend looms at the edge of the day, full of amazing possibilities.

In reality, there are errands to run and chores to be done, gardens to weed; the usual, of course. All pins in the bubble of my Weekend Eve.

But as Calvin & Hobbes creator Bill Watterson said, "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless." And I agree. Fridays at 5 p.m. all I can see in my head are endless weekend hours spent in a hammock with some comics. Or a whodunit. Or a sketchbook....

And Sundays don't count. Sundays smell of Mondays. Which is why I wish I could make time stand still every Friday at 5 p.m.

So that's my wish for you: May your Weekend Eve begin on a high note -- with an old favorite book and a margarita, perhaps -- and may Time stall until you're full to overflowing with relaxation and wonder.

Kick your shoes off and chill, 'k? It's a magickal world out there. :)
...



No comments:

Post a Comment