Monday, January 10, 2011
My Dipped-in-Gold Days
My weekend was crammed full of little treasures and golden moments. Here's just a handful of them:
1. Spending a happy morning over penciled studio layouts, detailed room measurements, and catalogs opened to shelving displays. (And coffee, of course.)
2. A sun-filled yet frigid walk in to town to mail a package. My nose froze shut, it was so cold! But the exercise felt amazing....
3. Visiting the local co-op for agave nectar and tea and being greeted by an employee who obviously likes her job.
4. Hearty egg-salad sandwiches and arty conversation for lunch. (And note to self: In future, ALWAYS ADD DILL to egg-salad sandwiches! Yum.)
5. Finding a lucky penny in the snow!
6. Measuring display shelves, making calculations, and dreaming of organization at last....
7. A head that's now full of imaginative surprises just waiting to be drawn on paper.