Monday, January 3, 2011

Why Here? Why Now?


Bloggers today are fearless. As in 'no parachute' fearless. They burn bridges, type obscenities, name names, and fly by the seat of their pants. They're honest as all get-out and post things on the Internet that I can't help but imagine will someday come back to bite them in the butt.

And I admire them from afar....

I'm Old School. I didn't grow up with the Internet. To me, it's like a Visitor -- all perfect and shiny and full of the promise of good things, while somewhere in its humming works I suspect it's plotting my destruction. I don't trust it.

But times have changed and I have to change, too. It's no longer enough for me to have a website for my work. If Mayfaire's going to grow at all I have to step out of my online comfort zone.


I follow and study the artists I admire who have created successful businesses. They blog and Tweet and host giveaways and post tutorials on YouTube -- they do it all! But the biggest thing I've learned from them EVER is that folks who purchase from them want more than just their art -- they want a relationship. They want to be friends. They want to see their cluttered studios and enjoy the views from their windows and look over their shoulders as they create a little something.


It all makes perfect sense to me....


So I've given it a lot of thought. And if you're at all interested, I'd like to share a bit of my world with you. However, because I can't shovel out enough room in my cluttered studio to show you in person the view from my window or the art that's on the drawing table, I hope this blogspace will suffice.


Still with me?
:)
...

No comments:

Post a Comment